2.12.2010

Blogger Tips: How To Link to an MP3 or Embed a Flash Player

So lets say you are on your favorite band's site. They have posted a MP3 for consumption by the general public. And you want to share the song with your friends. There are a few things you could do.

1. Set up a link to the artist site and instruct your reader where to find the file.

Example 1a:
I was just on Jason Caddell's site (formerly of Dismemberment Plan) and found several MP3s on his PROJECTS page. I especially liked the first song mentioned: "Dear Rockville"

Example 1b: I was just on Jason Caddell's site (formerly of Dismemberment Plan) and found several MP3s on his PROJECTS page. I especially liked the first song mention: "A New Spelling of My Name."

Example 1c:  I was just on Jason Caddell's site (formerly of Dismemberment Plan) and found several MP3s on his PROJECTS page. I especially liked the first song mention: "A New Spelling of My Name." [Listen to MP3]

2. I could also embed a custom FLASH player to play the song. There are a number of free FLASH jukeboxes out there. The one I'm choosing for this exercise can be found at: http://www.labnol.org/internet/design/html-embed-mp3-songs-podcasts-music-in-blogs-websites/2232/

I am going to highlight and copy the embed code. Change over to EDIT HTML mode in Blogger and paste in the player where I want it.

Example 2: I was just on Jason Caddell's site (formerly of Dismemberment Plan) and found this great song:




Two things you will need to do with this code. First off, you will get an error message about code not being closed. You will need to ad a tag at the end of the code snippet you grabbed from the labnol.org site. Second, you need to cut the text MP3_FILE_URL and paste the full link to the song.

Now you have a cool flash player embedded in your blog.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home